Tuesday 3 November 2015

The Beginning of the End

This morning I woke up to this.


It is the beginning of the end in my book.

It is far to early for this junk.  This time last year I was all sunshine and roses about Fall and how pretty it is and how this year, This Year!, was going to be different! I was going to l-o-v-e winter!  It was going to be beautiful and fluffy and not at all life-threateningly cold...  But who was I kidding.  When I saw this outside my window this morning I was tempted to dress all in black and proceed with a 6-month mourning period of the Sun until it's magical resurrection in the Spring.  The Sun is my Jesus.

Why have I chosen to live in a place where the weather could kill me?  Where the wind hurts my face and the cold makes my teeth ache??

At first I was in denial.  "It must be ash.  Surely there is a massive forest fire on the mountain raining down all these snow-like particles. No way it is snow." It is only November 3rd, dammit!

I am such a whiner.  It all melted within the hour, but still it is a warning of what is to come!  Last year we had a couple of really good storms, but we didn't even have snow on the ground at Christmas! It was a pretty darn mild winter last year and I have a feeling this year Mother Nature is going to make up for it...


To be fair the fall is really really pretty around these parts and I do love that.  Too bad it only lasts 2 weeks.  



Ollie concentrating intensely 

And that is it.  I just needed someone to commiserate with.  Plus I had a couple pictures to share.

1 comment: